In this role you will report to the CTO and will be responsible for defining and implementing a technical vision and a strategic roadmap for the organization.
As a Software Architect, you will have a hands-on role to drive the organization in delivering the next generation of SaaS solutions following Agile-based development methodologies. You will engage with members of the software development team, product management, and senior management to create a vision and architecture that will support PrismHR’s strategy for growth.
Success in this role requires the ability to work effectively at multiple levels ranging from in the trenches with individual developers, to at the white board with senior developers, to around the boardroom table with senior executives and stakeholders. This means that you need to be comfortable and effective communicating in many different ways and advancing an agenda through personal credibility and influence.
SPECIFIC DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Creating high quality, working Prototypes and POCs to be used by development teams.
- Partnering with other Architects to develop an architecture vision and roadmap for the PrismHR platform
- Working with executive management in charting the technology strategy - considering both technical and business trends and factors.
- Partnering with key product leaders to design applications to support the product roadmap.
- Coordinating and drive design and integration of major new capabilities into the product line with senior developers, ensuring that product design and technology choices anticipate future needs, positioning us well for the long term, while efficiently satisfying short term market requirements and addressing security issues.
- Leading, coaching and developing a team of architects and software developers, developing best in class systems and processes for producing high quality software that is aligned with key architecture principles and choices.
REQUIRED SKILLS and EXPERIENCE:
- 10+ years experience in all phases of software development life cycles in a web-based SaaS environment with a solid understanding of practical application of Agile Development methods and leading software development teams in Agile environment
- Solid engineering foundation indicated by a demonstrated understanding of product design of complex systems and/or web-based enterprise platforms
- Hands-on experience with implementing DevOps technologies and practices, including building containers, implementing configuration management, monitoring, deployment and automation tools
- Experience with data streaming/messaging technologies like Apache Kafka, RabbitMQ or similar
- Extensive AWS or other cloud experience
- Proven leadership experience in providing innovative technical roadmaps.
- Prior experience and interest in Legacy modernization
- Prior experience and familiarity with emerging open source technologies
- Strong leadership, critical thinking and analysis, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving and planning skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Great business acumen with a passion to solve for the customer
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent
DESIRED SKILLS and EXPERIENCE:
- Prior experience with multi-value databases, such as Unidata
- Payroll or HR domain knowledge.
- IT experience in scaling hardware