The Staff Accountant will work with the Senior Accountant and the Leadership Team to assist with all aspects of revenue and cost accounting as well as general accounting assignments all while ensuring strict compliance with systems and internal controls. Assist with the month-end close processes, reporting and analysis in relation to revenue and cost accounting. Key player in the Finance Transformation for moving QuickBooks to Intacct.
SPECIFIC DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure timely reporting of all monthly financial information as well as accurate and timely monthly, quarterly, and year-end close.
- Assist with monthly revenue analysis in connection with the implementation of our transition from QuickBooks to Sage Intacct.
- Revenue and cost review, reporting and analysis.
- Contract review and set up of new sales contracts in Intacct.
- Assist in development of cost accounting allocations including overhead and G&A rates.
- Development of reporting in Intacct for monthly close processes.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of financial reporting and general ledger structure to maximize the facilitation of both current and future reporting requirements.
- Partner with FP&A to facilitate bridge from accounting to management reporting and forecasting.
- Commission calculations and statements to employees.
- Prepare monthly ASC 606 deferred contract acquisition cost schedule.
- Intacct customer billing assistance and review as needed.
- Analytical reviews – Monthly B/S and I/S analysis.
SKILLS and EXPERIENCE
- BS in Accounting or Finance a plus
- 3+ years of experience
- Experience with a SaaS business model a plus
- Experience with Excel with the ability to use quickly and effectively
- Experience with Intacct and Salesforce a plus but not a requirement
- Knowledge and understanding of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Strong analytical skills
- High attention to detail, strong analytical skills with the ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Proven financial, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Revenue and Cost Accounting experience a plus
- Collaborative and service oriented
- Excellent communication, written and organizational skills
PrismHR is an EO/AA/VEV/Disabled Employer
Diversity Candidates are encouraged to apply